Montgomery Fire Department officials say one firefighter has been transported to hospital after backup power supply leaked batter acid at police department building this morning.
Lt. K.O. Jones says firefighter was transported to Jackson Hospital for precautionary reasons due to heat from encapsulated suit.
Jones says the situation is under control after police department building was evacuated when backup power supply emitted batter acid.
He says a hazardous material team sent in more than 30 firefighters in encapsulated suits to remove source.
Jones says 12 people treated on scene, and the firefighter transported to the hospital is in stable condition.